: Libya: The only thing I achieved in trip is this baby girl  — Vivian, 20-yr-old returnee
 The struggle to stop human trafficking in Edo State is far from over following stories told by some edo people who returned from Libya. About 2, 500 people stranded in the North African country had returned home since last year August 2017. But though  they were helped back home by the Federal Government after their inhuman treatment in that country, the cartel involved in the illicit trade seems to have continued to sponsor natives to Europe through Libya. From gathering, some of the victims who returned last year and were rehabilitated by the state government through the Committee against Human Trafficking may be back in Libya after they could not sustain themselves economically in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, 20-year-old Vivian Imunero, who is among the 65 who returned, lamented that her younger sister was recently sponsored to Libya by a kingpin, said to be a Nigerian woman residing in Italy. “As we speak, the same woman who took me to Libya sponsored my younger sister’s trip to the country and she is over there now involved in prostitution. I am not happy about it. I understand how things work there and I know that not a good thing to get involve because they dont use condom in the country, I  was raped in a place called Gatron in Libya”, she said

Comments